- Is your investment strategy aligned with your goals?
- Does the amount of risk you are taking match your risk profile?
- Should you invest in the U.S. or China?
- What investment vesicles should you choose? Individual stocks, individual bonds, mutual fund or exchange-traded funds?
- Do retirement accounts make sense to you?
- What does retirement mean to you?
- Where and when do you want to retire? Are you going to be able to afford it?
- How can you or your family members get Social Security benefits? How much are you going to receive? Can you still receive your benefits when you live outside the U.S.?
- How much should you save for college?
- What is the most efficient way for you to save for college?
- Who is eligible for and how to get financial aid or merit-based scholarships?
- What is probate? What assets can avoid probate?
- Is your beneficiary information up to date?
- What estate planning documents do you need now?
- Are you subject to U.S. estate and gift tax?
- Who should own what? How to title your assets correctly?
- How to transfer money to the next generation in a tax-efficient way?
- Can you start a business as a Non-U.S. citizen?
- What entity type should you choose when setting up your own company?
- What is the process of getting your company registered?
- Should you hire a CPA to do the tax and accounting work for your business?
- Should you set up your retirement plan, health insurance or disability insurance through your own company?
- What is your exit strategy?
- How to increase the value of your business?
- What are your short, mid and long-term goals?
- Are there any other possibilities worth exploring?
- Are you on track to achieve your goals?
Cash Flow and Debt Management
- Are you spending the money on the things most important to you?
- What is your credit scores and how to improve it?
- What are the best credit cards with free money?
- Should you lease or buy a car?
- Should you buy a home or continue to rent?
- What type of mortgage should you get and how much can you get?
Employee Benefits Optimization
- Are you taking advantage of all the benefits at work?
- How to choose your benefits such as health insurance, flexible spending accounts, disability insurance, retirement plans, stock options, etc.?
- Should you take group benefits at work or get individual coverage outside the work?
- How to compare different offer packages when changing jobs?
Risk Management and Insurance Planning
- What risks should you retain and what risks should you transfer to someone else?
- Do you need some life and/or disability insurance? How much do you need? What type of policy is best for you?
- Can you get life insurance in the U.S. as a Non-U.S. citizen? Should you get it in the U.S. or in China?
- What and how much coverage do you need for auto, renters/homeowners, and umbrella policies?
INCOME Tax Planning
- If you are a Non-U.S. resident, do you need to file tax returns? And what do you need to prepare before you are subject to the U.S. tax?
- Do you have foreign income and/or foreign assets? How to handle it in the most tax-efficient way?
- Should you use tax software or hire a CPA?
- Are you taking advantage of all tax savings opportunities?
- Should you pay taxes now or defer it to the future?